The boogeyman



                        THE BOOGEYMAN

Hello,
Pretty Little Black skinned
I wish I had told you sooner,
gathered all my strength
to say the words
I am yet to say
But forgive me
My sweet,
It was fear that rippled
Through my lungs
Cos you see,
Fear stole my voice
That made me
Stay quiet for so long.
I should have told you . . .
The truth,
The truth of the boogeyman
who lived under your bed.
He wasn’t always like that you know,
He would always give out the
Nicest sweet,
And yummy treats
And make one feel like
They mattered the most
And when he had gained your trust,
He will take your innocence
For you see,
Everyone has demons.
He always had this ubiquity aura
I know  so much
Because,
He lived under my bed as well
And gave me sweets and so much
Yummy treats
But I didn’t eat them
Instead,
I ran to the large inlet of the South
But that wasn’t enough
Cos you see,
 he left his scar
hanging on my bare skin
never to heal
I should have told you this . . .
You would have ran
But I remained quiet
Not because
I never loved you
But because of Shame,
Shame of being judged
By those who swore to protect me.
They told me never to say a word,
They knew my words were no fib
Still, they looked at me with so much askance
But still, I remained quiet,
And you died
You slit your wrist
the other night.
I know I swore to protect you,
and I failed
So forgive me.
At least now,
You will never tell another soul.
I wish life had made me better
But life didn’t
Good bye my sweet.




                        _Sunshine




Comments

Popular Posts